Since time immemorial, we are witnessing the success of trade through social networking. It has been and is the most established and solid technique for business attention. The word of mouth has always seen success for any kind of business on earth even today. Only, the method of bringing the trade to the notice of the public are changing as we see the change in technology. It has taken a smooth and quick strides like audio, video, hoardings, and so forth. Yet, the business showcase success only upon receiving a note of the general public. The most promising, cheapest and quickest mode for promoting the products is through technology.
One of the social media strategy turning into a web sensation today is the use of SnapChat for business. SnapChat, as the name itself, indicates it is snap and chat. Snapping an image or video and chatting with the fellowmen. It is a mobile app by which the user may chat in public or private and also send snaps of images or the video. Before we discuss its importance in business, let us be aware of certain demographic note on it.
More than 60% of the Snapchat users are youth (13 to 34 years old). The population currently comprises of 70% women and 30% men. The new users signing up for Snapchat are over the age 25. If millennial generation is your target, then Snapchat is the way to sell your products. Thousands of youth are connecting brands with others through their mobile camera. But, if you are not targeting the youth, still you can use it as long as the targeted audience are not in the 55+ age group.
The business may generate traffic, branding, and returns on investment with this Snapchat. It has beaten the Twitter popularity and is almost parallel in competition to FaceBook. Mark Zuckerberg tried to buy Snapchat for 3 billion dollars in 2013 and failed. Now, the current value is more than 20 billion dollars.
As per the latest statistics, Snapchat shows 45% share of younger generation. Whereas the Facebook, Twitter, and others showcase a lesser percentage (less than 28%).
Well, to continue with, you may showcase any of your products on Snapchat. If you have your audience here, then you can handle yourself on camera. The chances of success in business are high here. Now, after understanding the influence of Snapchat for reachability, let us see how to setup for your business.
Snapchat is easy to download and takes only a few minutes. The app is free to download. It is through either Apple, Android or Snapchat official chat as per the selected device. After the download, the app asks for sign up with some information for verification. It is better to choose a username which is suitable for branding. It must be consistent with other social media usernames also. And also, you may use many Snapchat accounts for other affiliated sites.
Some of the beneficial features of Snapchat are as follows:
There are plenty of features available on Snapchat for a thrilling experience. You can use them for campaigns or for personal purposes. For example like settings on your profile or engage with your audience. The latest version 10.29.0.0 offers various advances over its previous siblings.
What you can post on Snapchat?
- Snaps- Of course snap chat is all about snaps. Send snaps of images or videos to users of your choice. Dedicated to your privacy, they disappear after the allowed amount of time.
- Images- Share images to groups or your friends right from your camera or gallery. They are available only in portrait format which is the standard view.
- Videos- A cool option to share your 10 second long videos with an optional feature to edit them. Sounds interesting, yeah.
- Stories- Share images or videos with your followers as stories. Achieve mass distribution of content with this feature.
A good number of editing options for your post keeps you thrilled. You can –
- Draw on the image.
- Add text of your choice to the image or video.
- Change font color and add banner text wherever you please.
- Add your favorite emojis at any position.
- You can manage how your profile appears to other people. The new Snapchat offers amazing features like-
Change view time on your images to affect the display time than the standard 10 seconds.
Set your profile to public by clicking the ghost in the top center of the main screen. Following that, click the red star in the top right corner.
You can edit your contact options such as “who can contact me”, and “who can view my stories” .
Chat features of Snapchat –
- Choose from more than 200 stickers to use in private chat system.
- Send 10 seconds video notes that play in a loop. They do not expire and watched over and again.
- Just like video notes, there is an option to send 10-second audio notes too in a private chat.
- Send many photos using the new version of Snap Chat.
- Snapchat 2.0 allows you to chat with users.
- You can make good quality video and audio calls through Snap Chat. What else you could also share pictures between the calls.
You will also like these features with the new Snapchat-
- You can also reply to a specific story by swiping up the screen from the bottom.
- The Rewind filter and Slo-mo are great video editing options. It helps you to create magic effects and play the video in slow motion, as is evident from the name.
- The force Touch feature gives you the option to start a new chat or add a friend when you press hard on the Snapchat icon.
- Snapchat lenses is an exciting new feature. Access this feature by long pressing the screen while the front camera is active.
As we see, the new Snapchat is exciting to use and keeps the users engrossed. Now, let us see how to develop the marketing strategy on Snapchat. Snapchat is different from other social media sites. Still, it functions the same way.
With Snapchat, you are able to share the image or video with a specific group of people. the interaction is not made public. The main intention is not going viral, but reaching the right customers. The only goal is to engage the customers you intend to.
A few of the time-tested strategies and campaigns for businesses are as follows.
One of the best strategy is to offer coupon codes. A firm Sixteen Handles created a history in the market by offering a coupon in exchange of snaps sent by the user. The user must shoot themselves with the frozen yoghurt. The people flocked behind the company for want of coupon, bought frozen yoghurt to take snaps.
You can create wonders by connecting with the influencers. For instance: The Audi group gained more than 11000 followers in Snapchat. They teamed up themselves with “Pretty Little Liars”, a popular ABC’s show. They posted the content on the show by offering Audi access to the followers.
It is recommendable to create a hype of an event through anticipation. you may capitalise on it. You may create anticipation by preparing exciting trailer videos, images of development and etc.
Likewise, it is better to target the audience already present over there. you can always repurpose the campaign as per the audience.
In a nutshell, Snapchat forms the apt medium to drive traffic and engage the users. As most of the audience are youth, it is worth to interact and engage them. And, they are always tuned up for interactions, puzzles, and more. When followers grow, it generates more income. Alluring them with new attractions bring you more returns on investment. Investing on Youth’s enthusiasm and connecting them with brands is bound to bring success. Snapchat forms an appropriate social media platform to grow your business altogether.
Jitender Tanwar is a Digital Marketing Expert. He always like to research and learn new things. He is also a nature lover with keen interest in global culture and heritage.